Collection: Settlement checking service

immigration lawyer london uk eu

Updated: Updated page to notify users that there are currently no local authorities in Wales offering the settlement checking service.

You can use this service to request a local authority to accept and send your SET (M) application to the Home Office.

They will make sure that your application is correctly completed and will copy and return your original documents on the same day.

They will not be able to give you settlement advice.

Make an appointment

You must contact a local authority to book an appointment to use this service. They will be able to tell you what the appointment times are.

You can check where your nearest local authority is that provides this service and how to contact them below.


The local authority will tell you the fee you must pay to use this service.

What you need to bring with you

You will need to bring your:

  • original passport
  • original documents
  • a printed copy of your application form

Additional information

Local authorities must be registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner to provide this service.

Using this service does not guarantee the success of your application.

The Home Office may contact you for more information after you submit your application.

Read the publication

Fraz Wahlah - CEO Citizen Lawyer

About the Author

Fraz Wahlah

Fraz Wahlah is a leading British human rights lawyer and founder of Citizen Lawyer in London and Birmingham. Read more about Wahlah here

Leave a Reply