Apply For A UK Domestic Worker Visa

Domestic Worker Visa enables you to come to the UK with your employer if you are a domestic worker in a private household; have worked for your employer for at least 1 year; are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland; and meet the applicable eligibility requirements set out in Immigration Rulesdomestic-worker

Domestic workers include:
♦ cleaners
♦ chauffeurs
♦ cooks
♦ those providing personal care for the employer and their family
♦ nannies

Duration of stay

You can use this visa to visit the UK with your employer for up to 6 months and must return home at the end of this period or when your employer returns home, whichever is sooner. You will however not be required to leave during the permissible 6 month period if your employer is going abroad only for a short period of time.


In order for you to be eligible for domestic worker visa, you must prove that you:
♦ are between 18 – 65 years old
♦ have worked for your employer for at least 1 year
 work in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly
♦ plan to travel to the UK with your employer, their partner or children
♦ intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household your employer will live in
♦ intend to leave the UK at the end of 6 months or at the same time as your employer, whichever is sooner
♦ are able to support yourself in the UK without relying on public funds

Employer’s qualification

Your employer must be either a:
♦ British or European Economic Area (EEA) national who usually lives outside the UK and who doesn’t intend to remain in the UK for more than six months;
 foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who doesn’t intend to stay in UK longer than 6 months.

Settlement in UK

You can only settle in the UK permanently if you received your domestic worker visa on or before 5 April 2012, and continue to meet the legal requirements of the same.