Apply for a Representative of Overseas Business Visa

The Representative of Overseas Business Visa enables you to come to the UK as:

Representative Overseas Business visa

the sole representative of an overseas company wishing to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company;
a media employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation being posted on a long-term assignment to the UK.

This visa allows you to come to the UK for an initial period of three (3) years following which you may be able to extend your visa for another two (2) years.

After you have been resident in the UK, in compliance with the applicable immigration rules, for 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle in the UK permanently and become a British citizen. The visa also entitles you to bring your family members.


There are different eligibility requirements depending upon whether the organisation you represent is a business or a news/broadcasting organisation.

[button link=”” title=”Book Your Consultation” size=”large” color=”green”]

Sole Representatives (company/business)

If you wish to come to the UK as a sole representative you must:
be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK;
have extensive related industry experience and knowledge;
 hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder);
 have full authority to make decisions on its behalf;
intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, for instance, a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary;
intend to work full-time and only as a representative of that overseas business.

You may be eligible to apply in case the company has a legal entity in the UK that does not employ staff or transact business. If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.

The UK branch or subsidiary to be set up must also intend to operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business.

Newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation

As an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation, you can apply to come to the UK if you are being sent here on a long-term assignment.  An overseas media company can have more than one representative in the UK at the same time.

 Other legal requirements

To be eligible for the representative of overseas business or a media organisation visa the applicants must also:
apply from outside the EEA
have enough money to support themselves without recourse to public funds
meet the English requirement
not fall for General Grounds of Refusal (previous immigration history, character requirement etc.)

Secretaries and other administrative support staff do not qualify and must apply under the points-based system (PBS).

Legal advice & Representation

If you wish to apply for the Representative of Overseas Business visa you must know that a large number of applications get refused simply because the applicants fail to understand and comply with the underlying legal requirements.

Get Citizen Immigration Lawyers in London to provide specialist advice and representation to ensure you get your Representative visa the first time around and on time.

[button link=”” title=”Book Your Consultation” size=”large” color=”yellow”]


Free Website for Startups

Sponsor Domain Registrar and Hosting ProviderLogo
Rocket Domains are Offering a Free Website Design to Start Ups and Innovators

Rocket Domains, Google Partner and Leading British Domain Registrar & Web Hosting Technology Provider, are Offering Free Web Design, Optimisation and Business Listings to UK Start Ups, Innovators, Businesses.

To Take Up this Offer, All You Have to Do is Register a Domain or Transfer a Domain You Already Own, and then Sign Up for Rocket Domains’ Faster Web Hosting. You Can then Open a Support Ticket to Request Your Free Web redesign, Migration and Optimisation.

You can still benefit from this offer, if you already have got a website and want to re-design it or have it optimised for better performance online. Rocket Domains will migrate it for you for free.

Just so you know, Rocket Domains are also offering free G Suite Set up and Configuration for startups.